News and Events
- NOTICE 26-08-2015 Submission of Nomination Form between 11 AM and 3 PM on and from 27th to 29th August, 2015.
- NOTICE 26-08-2015 ANNUAL GENERAL ELECTION: 2015-2016 Nomination Paper
- NOTICE 20-08-2015 STUDENT`S ELECTION will be held on 8th September 2015.. read more...
Welcome to Our Hospital
In 1864 Sealdah Market Building (at present Central Hall) was converted to Sealdah Municipal Hospital. On 1st Dec. 1873 the Sealdah Medical School was born out of the Sealdah Municipal Hospital. In 1884 it was named as Campbell Medical School and later on in July 1948 upgraded as Campbell Medical College. On 19th Aug. 1950 the College was renamed as Nilratan Sircar Medical College after the name of the great freedom fighter and alumni of this institution.
- Sir Nilratan Sircar (1 October 1861�18 May 1943) was an eminent Indian doctor, educationist, philanthropist and swadeshi entrepreneur.
- Dr Sircar soon obtained a large practice and was for many years, a leading Indian consulting physician, travelling far and wide to treat some of his patients, who included the ruling heads of neighbouring countries.
- Sir Nilratan Sircar became the president of Medical Education Society of Bengal in 1922 and remained in the position until 1941.
Nilratan Sircar Medical College is one of the four government medical colleges in Calcutta. To NRSites, this is the best medical college amongst the four.
The NRS Medical College web site has been up since 1997 and was the first Medical College of West Bengal , to have a website.
Through the following pages, We hope to introduce you to the college, , or take you down memory lane...
Nilratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital,is situated in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. It is one of the oldest medical colleges of west Bengal. West Bengal and one of the best buildings in the college is the Academic Building.
The Academic building hosts the physiology,pharmacology,biochemistry department.There is a library,the student's section and an auditorium.,The building was established in 1991 and caters to needs of the students ofN.R.S and the dental college